DOT Physicals, DOT Medical Exams for CDL
DOT Physicals, DOT Medical Exams for CDL is Required by Department of Transportation (DOT), physical examination must be conducted by a licensed “medical examiner” listed on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) National Registry. ” According to FMCSA. If you are looking for Affordable DOT Physicals or DOT Medical Exams Look no further.
People who drive commercial vehicles must undergo a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical exam before they are allowed to operate a vehicle. DOT physicals are designed to make sure that people who drive commercial motor vehicles are physically, mentally, and emotionally fit before they are allowed to operate them. In order to ensure that the safety of the public is maintained, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires them.
Who is required to take a DOT Physical/DOT examination?
- You will need a DOT physical if you:
Drive a vehicle that is designed to carry more than 15 people.
- The driver is compensated to operate a vehicle that carries more than eight passengers.
- If you carry hazardous materials in your vehicle that require you to display a placard, make sure you carry one.
- Use a vehicle with a gross combination weight rating, gross vehicle weight rating, or gross combination weight over 10,000 pounds on the interstate.
What Does a DOT Physical Consist of?
You will be asked detailed questions about your medical history during your DOT physical, including:
- In case you have ever had surgery
- Medications you take, including prescriptions and over-the-counters
- Describe any health problems
- If you smoke, drink, or use drugs
- Have you ever failed a drug test
- If you’ve ever been addicted
- Any symptoms you’re experiencing
You will have a hands-on physical that includes checking your:
- Blood pressure
- General appearance
- Mouth and throat
- Lungs and chest
- Back and spine
- Genital and urinary system, including checking for hernias
- Extremities and joints
- Nervous system, including your reflexes
- Gait, which is how you walk
- Circulatory system, which is your arteries, veins, and lymphatic system
You’ll also have to have a urinalysis to check for protein, blood, sugar, and specific gravity. These tests can tell your doctor if you need additional tests to check for other medical problems. You may also have to have other tests if your doctor thinks they’re necessary.
Would you like to have a DOT physical for your professional needs or for your transportation business?
Let Dr. Shaukat Khan at INTERNATIONAL FAMILY MEDICINE URGENT CARE & WALK-IN CLINIC help you today and get you back to work. Walk-ins are welcome or schedule an appointment to come in at your convenience. A physical examination, a drug test, and an alcohol test must be performed by operators of commercial motor vehicles at least every two years, according to federal law. In addition, random substance abuse testing.
Our DOT physical examination includes the following:
- Vision exam
- Hearing exam
- Blood pressure test
- Heart rate test
- Ear/Nose/Throat exam
- Reflex test